When out talking to people more than one person will say “but you don’t need a license to carry in the State of Texas anymore”, and that is correct. But my response to them is “you should have one”. There are many reasons.
- Airport: License holders have protections related to the accidental carrying of a firearm in the secured area.
- Business: Businesses may choose to allow licensed carry on their premises.
- Government Meetings: License holders can carry in a meeting.
- University Campuses: License still required to carry on university campuses; “Campus Carry” is unchanged.
- License can be used as an alternative to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check for gun purchases.
- Personal Identification: The license must be accepted by most businesses as a valid form of personal identification.
- Voter ID: The license is a designated document for voter ID.
- Texas Handgun License holders can carry firearms in states where Texas has a reciprocity agreement or state law recognizes the Texas Handgun license.
While these are just some of the benefits, having the training and the experience of shooting through getting your license to carry it makes it all that much worth it. We want you to feel safe and comfortable with the methods you choose to protect yourselves a firearm. With our training you will walk away feeling proficient and confident in using your firearm.
Go to this link below for more information on why getting your Texas LTC helps protect you!